Summer is now officially over and gone with it is the trend of pastel eyeshadows and oversized eyebrows. The sun-kissed glow that is so commonly seen during the summer months is now replaced with metals, smokey eyes and lots of eyeliner and mascara.
Below I have collated some of the trends that you will see everywhere during this autumn and winter.
- Reds: A pop of colour, not on your lips, but on your eyelids instead. Use a cherry or coral red to create a block of matte eyeshadow and blend it softly into the eye socket. The colour will blur into place so you have the intensity in the centre of the lid. A simple, modern, fresh and eye-catching look. (Note: add loads of mascara and make sure to keep the rest of your makeup simple).
2. Coloured Liner: This is one summer trend that remains and will be seen a lot throughout autumn too. If you easily get bored and like to try different looks, a coloured liner at the bottom of your lashes can really make your eyes pop and elevate your look. (My personal favourite is blue or turquoise eyeliner).
3. Glittery eyelids: Whether you like just a touch of shimmer or full blown sparkly eyeshadow, this is a trend you will see everywhere and a trend that suits most people. Simply add some gold shimmer/glitter over your eyelids and then add a darker, inkier colour on the outer corner for a bit more drama.
4. Lined Lips: This is a look that Kim Kardashian brought back only recently with her KKW Beauty ‘90s Makeup Collection. But you don’t need to break the bank to achieve this look. All you need to do is line your lips with a shade or two darker than your natural lip colour, smudge it inwards to create a more natural look and top it off with some gloss.
5. Matte Red Lips: A classic that will never go out of fashion. Just add a bold red lipstick any time of the day to make a statement. It’s classy, elegant, beautiful and, again, suits everyone; you just need to find the right shade for you.
6. Smokey Eyes: Soft brown hues can create a gorgeous smokey look that can be worn during the day and night. Brown acts as a contour, defining your eyes. Go for charcoal, metallic and brown colours and shape them into a wing on the outer corners to create more drama.
7. Dewy Skin: This is a trend that is here to stay. Beautiful dewy skin that is achieved without shimmery eyeshadows. It’s all about moisturising your skin and looking after it using the skincare products that work for you. My little secret to a perfect, “natural” and healthy-looking glow are two things: Charlotte Tilbury’s Hollywood Flawless Filter and Dripping Gold Wonder Water. The first, you can simply use it as a primer all over your face or highlight your cheekbones (read my review on this product here). The second is actually a face tanning mist, however, if you use the light-medium shade, it gives you the most beautiful glow that looks natural.
8. Pink Blush: Soft pink blushers are in this autumn. It’s a very youthful look and can liven up your complexion as well as soften your face. Simply add it to the apples of your cheeks and close to your nose for a natural finish. As always, make sure you find the shade that is right for your skin tone.